Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Just Life!!
How complicated is your life?? Mine is very complicated. It is an ordinary one but feels complicated. My husband and I have 5 boys, as you probably read, well the 20 year old his girlfriend lives here with us. Well it is just a little crowded when you throw the 5 boys, the 2 of us and the girlfriend in a 1175 square foot house. That's just to start off with now add 5 dogs, 1 cat, and 2 baby turtles. Sound complicated yet. Well here is some more my 18 year old and my 11 year old are my biological boys. The 20 year old, the 12 year old, and the 8 year old they are the 3 my husband and I adopted 3 years ago. Well because their mom drank heavily and did drugs constantly through her pregnancies the 12 year old has a pulmonary stenosis, FAS(fetal alcohol syndrome), ADHD, and is slow in school. The 8 year old has ADHD also but he is extremely smart so he gets bored in class real easily. Recently, like during last term, my mother-in-law got diagnosed with inoperable cancer, she lives in Texas where we live in Nevada, so it is hard on my husband because he can't be there all the time. Sound complicated?? If this isn't enough I am what they call a clinically depressed individual. It's manageable though, must be, since I made the Dean's list here at Kaplan last term. It is complicated but I get through some way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HI PIXIEMOM,
ReplyDeleteI am studying to become a Medical
Transcriptionist also, this will be my 5th term with Kaplan and I dont like to say this it sounds like I am bragging but I have made the deans list all terms so far, I guess I am saying I know how you feel to be on the list after not going to school for so many years. If I could have made the honors list in high school I might not have quite and settled for a GED, but anyway.
It sounds to me like you have a very busy life, not so much complicated. I know what you are feeling having children with diorders as both of my boys have some of the same diorders yours do, mines not from drinking though. It is inherited from the dads side of the family.
I dont think you are going to have any problem enjoying the experience that you are going to be having with Kaplan, what is your graduation date? Mine is Dec. 2010.
Sherry W.
Thanks Sherry I'm glad to know I am not the only one who has children with disorders. My children that have the disorders are the ones that we adopted and their mother was an alcoholic and a drug addict hence the problems.
ReplyDeleteHi Piximom, wow what a crowded house for so many people. Why don't you guys buy a bigger house? Hubby working at the airlines is making good money no??? The one place I need to feel comfy in is my home, I don't know how you do it! Sherry is right you are a very busy lady, however to keep such good grades I commend you for that!! Great job.You also sound like a very cool mom. Thank God you and your husband cared enough to love those boys you all adopted! I tip my hat off to you for that as well! Nice to meet you . I'm Doreen
ReplyDeleteThanks Doreen I am busy. My husbandmakes good money but we do have 5 kids and bills that go with that so we are kind of stuck where we are. Also we plan on moving to Texas soon so we don't want to move more than once.
ReplyDeleteHey Piximom Pretty cool hangman game I played a few it was fun~! Good luck with your move to Texas. When are you planning on moving? Where are you moving from?
ReplyDelete